All about Music! Reviews, new Releases, new sounds and music news!

Tuesday

C is for Crowded House

| |

C was a challenging letter today. The only groups that came to mind when I thought of C were the Clash and the Cure. Both fantastic groups, but not quite what I think of when I think '80s music. A light of inspiration dawned when I started thinking about one hit wonders from that era. Sadly, the '80s had a boat load of bands that made it to the top with one hit and then seemed to disappear from the music world. I don't remember much of Toni Basil after she did "Mickey" or Bow Wow Wow after "I want candy" nor do I know what happened to Alannah Myles after she did "Black Velvet." All fantastic '80s one hit wonders. But none fit the letter C.

Crowded House does though.
Don't Dream It's Over

5 comments:

go-top
Matthew MacNish said...

I miss the 80s almost as much as I miss the 90s.

Francene Stanley said...

I guess the bands you mentioned didn't have nought commitment to carry on.

a.eye said...

Love the theme of 80s music for the month. Good luck with the other letters!

Anonymous said...

The 80s did have a lot of one hit wonders. I liked The Clash. Not as much as some others, but they had some good songs.

Uh oh. I see your Word Verification (WV) is still on. I'm on a mission to rid the world of this unnecessary evil frustration! Please stop by my blog and select the How To Turn Off Your Word Verification tab and help make the world a better place one blog at a time.

Arlee Bird said...

"Don't Dream It's Over" is one of the best songs ever. Crowded House has turned out a lot of fine music since that release.

Are you done with the A to Z Challenge?


Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog

Post a Comment

My Playlist

Cool Blogs

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 
 

She's Listening | Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Con imágenes de: Scrappingmar©

 
top